Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why hello!!

First of all I would like to tell everyone that I was going to comment back on my last post, but since this post is really just the extended reply to what I wrote I'm not going to. And secondly I have comment moderation on as I always have and I just recieved a weird comment in some sort of Asian caligraphy and didn't accept it because it had a creepy link that was basically a million ...... in a row. Okay, back to the subject. If you don't want to hear about my whole trip back to Chile, I would just scroll down and completely skip this next oversized paragraph.

Here I am in Chile again. My last post was, well, a post that someone would write after living at "home" for 6 months and remembering how much they loved living there. Yes, I forgot what it was like to be in Rodrigo's arms, I hated the entire trip down here, except the landing and taking off, I always love that. I was sad to be leaving, I was not in the mood to get up at the ass crack of dawn to go to the airport 3 hours early, (if it would have been up to me we would have gotten there just an hour early) I wasn't in the mood to sit in the Atlanta airport from 2pm until 8:20pm before my little over nine hour flight to Chile. When I was in Atlanta I found very little to keep myself entertained. I tried reading, but got distracted by everyone that walked by, so I ate some food and it was really gross, I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered it, the lack of sleep probably had something to do with it... or that I had already remembered 4 things!!! that I forgot!! 2 being some new summery shirts I bought for the occaision...and my new toothbrush and Crest toothpaste that I love! Yes, I love toothpaste and I am very particular about my toothbrush! I have no cavities and I would really like it to stay that way! Anyways, I get sidetracked easily, it must be the heat. So I ended up falling asleep for an hour on a bench and it was actually a good nap except I think I may have jumped awake, I don't know what exactly it would be called, like when you are half sleeping and you think you are going up steps and you trip, but you are really laying down so your whole body jumps like you just tripped on the step.... The flight to Chile wasn't rough at all, it was nice, except the holes where the headphones go didn't work and I really wanted to watch the movies because they usually keep my mind off of things so I was SOL, no Harry Potter movie for me... And I hardly slept either. That was the main problem. I had gotten maybe 10 hours of sleep in the previous 48 hours and I was planning on sleeping the whole flight so it would go by faster. I debated in my head over and over again whether or not I should pop the Benedryl I bought to put me to sleep, not for allergies...  In the end I didn't have water so I didn't take it. I slept maybe 2 hours and very uncomfortably! My neck is still sore, very very sore! It looks like I have man neck muscles! We landed and I was so looking forward to booking it and getting the hell of the plane, but then I realized that someone stole my carryon storage space and I had to put my lil suitcase like 5 rows back....good luck going to the back of the plane when everyone else is going to the front. So I was the last person off the plane, but that didn't stop me from instantly enforcing my gringa-I-walk-fast-you-walk-slow-moves and passin like 15 people before we got to the customs line. I flew through all those lines, didn't get stopped at all, it was great. I was all worried they were going to take away my wild rice, not sure why they would, I just imagined them just talking it away from me. And now to where all that didn't matter anymore. Nor did the person directly in front of me. Sorry for shoving you out of the way. There's no reason for one to stop in those final doors out!!


And there he was. Waiting for ME! I saw him just 2 seconds before he saw me and that look in his eyes while he was searching for me will be burned into my head for the rest of my life. He grabbed my little cart thingy and pulled it far enough out of everyone elses way that we could stop and hug. :o) This is why I came back to Chile. That one man is the reason I am here and you know what I really don't care about all the bad experiences I have had that last few times I have been here. They don't matter anymore because I am finally with my husband again, finally after EXACTLY 4 months of being separated we are together again. And it all feels right. Every tiny bit of it. When I got here on Thursday I was completely exhausted. Ro took me home and put me to bed like a little kid...kind of...I woke up and he was laying there on our bed next to me!! Right there right by me!! I could reach him, I could see him, I could touch him!! So that is why I am happy to be back in Chile. I am also happy that I am not in the usual pressure of finding a job ASAP, because Rodrigo has a steady job now and he can take care of us for now. He is working now obviously or I wouldn't be on the computer, I probably still wouldn't be in my sweet pjs (that I love more than any other clothing item I own)either. I am planning on finding a job when the summer is over. I don't think I can sit here and be all housewifey when his mom and sis get back from the beach. But for now I am content, yesterday I did the dishes (Ro and his dad have been living at the house alone for the entire month of January...neither are skilled in washing dishes...I had to rewash dishes that were put away "clean" it was gross, but now they are clean.) i made myself coffee. Real coffee. I found this cool little one cup coffee maker thing when I was home and HAD to have it. I don't know what kind of coffee is really good, but I bought Foldgers Classic because that's what my dad drinks. And I bought Foldgers French Vanilla. I think the plastic airtight containers are what sealed the deal, anyways it tastes good I guess, but like I said I don't know anytihng about coffee. I don't even know how to order at Caribou or Starbucks.... We had a minor technical problem yesterday, the power went out from like 12 until 5 I had to transfer the cheese and milk from the fridge to the freezer, and I couldn't get online, and I couldn't remember how to call Rodrigo's cell phone from the home phone. I think I called the same lady 2 times and got some strange Telefonica recording a few times too. Oops. Anyways I am getting sidetracked and getting off the point of this whole post so I'll just stop while I'm ahead now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Chileeee!!! Just keep your head up and try to think positive! At least you have a great husband to remind you of why you´re there when the going gets tough!

Sara said...

Ahhh! That image of you two reuniting at the airport was touching!

Shannon. said...

Thanks Lou, I am really going to try to stay positive this time. Its really easy when Ro and I have the house to ourselves. I can't wait til we have our own place.

Sara, you'll get your turn ;) although there's just something different about walking out of those doors at SCL, its just not the same at MSP.

Anonymous said...

Oh it will definitely help when you have your own place. I did the living with the in-laws for a year and that was the time when I most hated Chile lol! It´s not that I don´t love my in-laws. I really do! It´s just that I got tired of not having my own space, and not having any privacy and alone time for the two of us. It got so overwhelming and tainted the view I had of my life there.

As soon as I moved out and finally got my own apartment, everything changed and I had the best time of my life. The transition was that fast! So yes, I think it will really help once you have your own place to call your home and build your lives together in that place with all the privacy and space you want.